BIGSPD operates three categories of awards to recognise and celebrate those contributing to the development of the field of personality disorder.
Any member of BIGSPD can complete a nomination form.
The following awards will be voted on before the conference. This will be completed in time to ensure winners have the time to register for the BIGSPD conference. Categories include:
Early Career Researcher:
This category is awarded to an individual whose scientific contribution as an Early Career Researcher is felt is worthy of recognition.
This award is available to an individual or group whose contribution is felt to go beyond what is an everyday expectation. This might be in recognition of a singular accomplishment or it might represent a longstanding or sustained dedication to their work.
This award is available to recognise someone or a group whose work has either contributed to or realised a development of great significance. It may represent a particular contribution or it may recognise a lengthy commitment to the development and establishment of good practice.
- 1 free residential place at the conference will be available to the successful individual (or the nominated individual if representing a group).
- Glass Plaque.
- An Award will be presented to the individual or representative at the 2020 conference.
- An early career researcher is someone who:
- Has had their doctoral viva not more than 5 years ago.
- Has had a maximum of four years’ academic research experience following the completion of their PhD, or be of equivalent professional standing.
- The individual does not need to be a member of BIGSPD, but should be resident in the UK.
- Any member of BIGSPD can complete a nomination form, if you wish to become a member click here. The nominator must seek consent from their nominee beforehand.
- Once BIGSPD has received the nomination form a representative of the Executive will contact the nominee to:
- Confirm consent
- Check over the supporting material for the award
- Confirm personal details
- Once a short list of nominees has been collected the BIGSPD membership will be invited to vote.
- Successful candidates will be announced and invited to the following conference.
Best poster: Poster which contains original material, is of a high standard of presentation, and describes important or interesting findings.
Process: The poster will be scored by a panel of executive or senior BIGSPD members with the winner announced at the conference.
Award: Will consist of a financial prize.
Award Nominations will close on 6th Dec 2019
If you are not a member of BIGSPD and would like to join please click here